Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Marvellously Muddy

On Sunday my daughter and I took part in Muddy Princess at Giba Gorge mountain bike park. Since the beginning of the year we have done 6 events together : Midmar Mile, Spar Ladies Race, Riverside Trail in Umhlanga, ECR Big Walk, Night walk at Kloof Country Club and now Muddy Princess. My daughter walked Totalsports Women’s Race with her brother as I had another event to attend. I have already entered us for another 2 races : night walk in Winston Park and the Color Run.

My husband happily takes us to these events but he really thought I had lost the plot when I appeared after Muddy Princess sopping wet and muddy. We were fortunate he allowed us in the car – shoes off and sitting on a towel of course.

The Before


Well let me get back to telling you about the event. It was AWESOME! There were 15 obstacles and I only left one out. The scariest one for me was climbing up a cargo net and then having to grab hold of a pole to slide down. I had to throw my body at the pole after grabbing it with my hands. I’m pleased to say that I made it down safely. The obstacle that I could have done again was the very last one – a giant blow up structure that you climbed up one side and then slid down the other.  Have a look at the Facebook event pictures over here

We were "Be Snapped" after crawling under the cargo net


Coming down the trail to the last obstacle

Before the last obstacle


Up I climb

The muddy water we slid into


Usually it takes my daughter and I less than one hour to walk 5km’s, but this time we took about 1 ½ hours to complete the course. There was a bit of a wait to do obstacles and the course had a lot of ups and downs. It was the longest 5km’s I have ever done!


The After



It was a lot of fun and we are definitely going to do it again next year.


Go to Muddy Princess on Facebook and see if there is an event near you. I really recommend that you do it (if you are not scared of a bit of mud). It was an extremely well run event filled with lots of happy people. 


Me with my "mud mask" and a cappuccino

No comments:

Post a Comment