Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Five Favourites

Today I will share with you some of the products that I use – my must haves – my five favourites.


Rain Africa Winter Therapy

I was sent the Rain Africa Winter Therapy Bath Soak to try and found it so beneficial that I just had to buy it when the first product was finished. When I first opened the jar my nostrils opened as well with the strong fragrance of the essential oils : Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Camphor and Wintergreen. Winter Therapy offers relief from the symptoms of colds and flu, stiff sore muscles, blocked nasal passages and aching limbs. My sister stayed with us last year and she developed a cold so I was able to use her as a test subject with the Winter Therapy. I ran a hot bath and added 4 tablespoons to the water while it was running. She relaxed in the bath for approximately 20 minutes. She was very impressed as her nasal passages did open and she had a better night’s sleep. It was next used on my son and the bottle was finished when my daughter developed a cold. I have yet to use it and I hopefully will not need to but it is nice to know that I have cold symptom relief at hand. Please note that the product must not be used by : kids under 6, pregnant women, people allergic to asprin, people with asthma or epilepsy.  R135.00 for a glass jar of 480g

Rain Africa Hand Lotion

I love all the Rain Africa hand lotions that I have used so far. They are quickly absorbed and do not leave a greasy film on my hands. I have used Kalahari Melon, Wild Cotton and Rooibos Hydrating. The hand lotion currently next to my bed is from the Savannah range. As with all of their hand lotions it has a lovely fresh fragrance that is not overpowering. R69.00 for 70ml

Rain Africa – African Rain body*air*linen mist

This is a product that I keep on buying – I think that this is my third bottle. I love the fragrance and it soothes and relaxes me as soon as I smell it. I use it as a room and linen spray. It has a subtle fragrance of lemon, mandarin, freesia and moss. The container is glass and the contents are not pressurized. The liquid is non staining so you don’t need to worry when spraying it on your bedding. R125.00 for 100ml





Rondavel Soap

This is the ONLY soap we use since I first bought a bar to try. The soap is completely handmade by husband and wife team Chikondi and Kate in the Kwazulu-Natal Midlands. They use the cold press method and the soap contains no fake ingredients, no preservatives or artificial colours. Essential oils from plants scent the soaps. I think I have used the entire range of their soap : Naartjie & Mieliemeal, Karoo Lavender & Honeybush, Cape Camomile & Geranium, Aloe Ferox & African Basil, Blue Mountain Sage, Baobab & African Bluegrass, Marula & Charcoal, Lemongrass & Charcoal, Milk & Honey with Geranium and we wash Bolt our Greyhound with the Natural Dog Shampoo Bar. Oh, the only soap I haven’t used is the Gardeners Scrub. Out of all these bars of soap, my absolute favourite is the Milk & Honey with Geranium. If I could eat it I would as it smells so amazing! The Rondavel soap has such a strong fragrance that when one of the family opens the bathroom door after their shower the fragrance floats up the passage and I can smell it in the lounge. What is also so fabulous about this soap is how long it lasts – ages! R50.00 for 135g direct from Rondavel.





Darling Jane Rich Coffee Sugar Scrub

Well something with coffee has to be in my five favourites! I haven’t been using this product for long
but I am really enjoying it and its strong coffee smell. My daughter was the first to use it and she
couldn’t stop raving over it and how great her skin felt after the first use. We also loved how easily it
it helped remove the permanent marker from our skin after we swam the Midmar Mile.
The scrub contains sugar, olive oil, grape seed oil and coffee grounds.
I bought the Rich Coffee Sugar Scrub in a pack with the Cafe Latte Bath Fizz (Coffee Fix)
R65.00 for 200ml. It is R125.00 for the Coffee Fix pack



No comments:

Post a Comment