Friday, 14 August 2015

SAMPAR - Pink and Pretty from Paris


On Saturday morning (8 August) I went to Woolworths at the Pavilion Shopping Centre in Westville to see the launch event of SAMPAR products.

SAMPAR was introduced to the world in 2004 and inspired by the lifestyle of the Parisian woman. The name was derived from the Institute Samuel Par, a fresh and popular beauty location at Saint Germain des PrĂ©s in Paris. As of 2015, the brand SAMPAR is represented in over 1,000 select beauty locations in the world. SAMPAR, 1st urban cosmetics brand, believes that ‘Beauty cannot wait’ and dares the ‘double action’ unique promise: immediate visible results paired with a long term clinically proven efficacy.

The award-winning brand has 6 product ranges, designed to satisfy and fulfill every woman’s skin desires: Essentials are your basic skincare products, for all skin types. Pure Perfection provides a range of solutions for blemish-prone and problematic skins.  Cosmakeup blurs the lines between skin care and make-up, giving you the best of both worlds.  Age Antidote aims to reduce the visible signs of ageing. The City of Light range provides clarifying and illuminating skincare solutions. Winsome Body for body firming and toning treatments (Winsome Body is not yet available in South Africa).

SAMPAR’s cutting edge cosmetic range is dedicated to discerning women looking for smart products that give immediate and long-lasting visible results. Their mission is to reset the skin’s intelligent response system and to support its natural healing actions.


Present in all SAMPAR products lines and known as their Urban Advance Complex, are :

Shea Butter Serum – powerful detoxifying agent and free radical-fighter, protects the skin from pollution and reinforces its natural defences

Mint Endorphin – neautralizes the irritations caused by the environment

Probiotic Sugar – source of vital energy for cells, revitalizes and stimulates the skin’s natural defences


So what did I see and do at the SAMPAR in store launch?

Products on shelf at Woolworths and the Facebook competition
 
Beautiful table setting and delicious eats
 
Firstly I looked at their products on shelf and then at the wonderful “Parisian” table display set up in the cosmetics section of Woolworths. I had gone to the launch in full make-up (of course) and I knew that there was going to be a skin consultation. But it did not occur to me that I would be having a mini-facial. So of course all the make-up (except the eyeshadow) had to come off. I am being very brave here by showing you me sans make-up and with the products applied to my face. The blog is for sharing with you my experiences – right? My face was assessed and questions asked about my skin and then the products were chosen. I have a combination skin with currently very dry patches on my cheeks (so frustrating).

After my face was cleansed of the make-up the Nocturnal Line-Up Mask was applied – it was wonderfully cooling as I was experiencing a rather warm skin day (insert hot flush here).  This product is part of their Age Antidote range and is applied and left to dry on the skin at night. In the morning wet the skin, rub in a circular motion and then rinse off the product.

Right : Mask  Left : Glamour Shot
 
The mask was removed and then my face was cleansed with Velvet Cleansing Milk which is part of their Essentials range. This product gently lifts away traces of pollution and make-up (even waterproof) from the skin and eye area. It was also wonderfully cooling on my heated skin.

Next up was the So Much to Dew Day Cream also from their Essentials range. Since I have been experiencing extra dryness on my cheeks this winter (at least I hope it is only for this winter). This cream restores water concentration in the skin and also protects it from harmful UV’s, leaving it refreshed and replenished.

I now had a bare face (no foundation), so Glamour Shot universal transparent foundation was applied. This is SAMPAR’s COSMAKEUP that blurs the lines between skin care and make-up. Glamour Shot minimizes pores, redness and imperfections, unifies and mattifies the complexion and blurs lines in 1 minute. Plus, it offers a long term anti wrinkles action. I had quite a lot of redness on my cheeks that day and I did see a slight reduction in it, but would have to give it a proper test run to see if it really does what it says. Also applied was Glamour Shot Eyes (universal transparent under-eye concealer) enhances and illuminates the eyes in 1 minute, instantly erases dark circles, brightens dark areas around the eyes, minimizes puffiness and blurs wrinkles. It also offers a long term anti-wrinkles action. I would have loved to have a before and after photo to see if these two products had made a difference to my skin. My face was powdered and blusher added and when I looked in the mirror it wasn’t overwhelming obvious that I didn’t have any foundation on.

What I can say is that my face felt very happy with all the products that had been applied and my skin was relaxed, not tight with dryness. My skin also felt very soft to the touch.

 
The products used on my skin

Visit the Woolworths Pavilion or Edgars Pavilion store for a complimentary skin consultation and customised trial pack valued between R150-R350 during the month of August. I received Daily Dose Foaming Cleanser, 2 x Lavish Dream Cream’s and Nocturnal Line-Up Mask to try out at home. Woolworths and Edgars in Westville Pavilion are the only stores in Kwazulu-Natal that currently carry SAMPAR.

SAMPAR is available at the following Woolworths :  Pavilion Westville, Eastgate, Tygervalley, Canal Walk, Cavendish Square and V & A Waterfront

SAMPAR is available at the following Edgars : Pavilion Westville, Eastgate, Menlyn, Cresta, The Glen, Canal Walk, Melrose Arch, East Rand Mall, Clearwater Mall and Walmer Bay West (Please phone the store first to check that the products are on shelf)

 
Display set up inside Edgars

SAMPAR are also running a competition on their Facebook page where you can win a customized SAMPAR beauty hamper to the value of R3000. Visit the store nearest you, get your free skin consultation, give your details and then take a selfie with your favourite SAMPAR product. Post the selfie picture onto their Facebook page and get your friends to like it.

 
Note : I will give feedback on all the SAMPAR products after I have used them for awhile.

 
The SAMPAR samples that I will be testing
 
Thank you SAMPAR for also sending me the following products to test : 3 Day Weekend, So Much to Dew Day Cream, Lavish Dream Cream and Ultra Hydrating Fluid.

 
Seshnee Moodley (PR) with her favourite
product : Equalising Foam Peel

SAMPAR, Beauty Cannot Wait

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment