REN Skincare was very generous to give us lucky draw prizes and samples for all the ladies that attended the Durban Blogger Meet. I enjoyed using my samples of a day cream and night cream from their Radiance Range that I decided to speak to them about their anti-ageing range. My actual question to them (on Twitter) was whether I could get samples at Woolworths. They told me that they would send me samples but first they needed to find out what my skin concerns were.
This was my reply : I am 41 but don’t have many lines just a few fine ones around my eyes – I do have redness on my cheeks and which looks like fine capillaries just under the skin – sometimes my skin can be a bit flaky if I don’t exfoliate – I very, very rarely get a pimple.
REN reply : It sounds as if you may have a sensitive skin. I would like you to contact our REN derma expert directly for a personalized session. Rinie is the best! We would supply you with trial sizes first to experience the brand and see how it works for you.
I subsequently gave my email address and cellphone number and Rinie Erasmus contacted me and then sent me the following items to try.
· Anti Redness Serum (Youth Defence Serum) – use every morning – apply before Day Cream. This will assist to reduce redness of your cheeks.
· Vitamin A Day Cream – use daily
· Omega 3 Serum – use every evening – apply before Night Cream. This will assist in the flakiness of your skin.
· V-Cense Night Cream – use daily
· Anti Age Eye Cream – use twice daily – this will assist in the fine lines around your eyes.
Let me go through all the products with you and I will tell you what they are supposed to do and how I felt about them.
Keep Young & Beautiful Firm & Lift Eye Cream (15ml R420) – I received a sample size
(formerly known as Keep Young & Beautiful Anti-Ageing Eye Cream)
· An ultra lifting, firming and replenishing eye cream. Firms, lifts and brightens the eye contour, reduces the appearance of expression lines and wrinkles, hydrates, smoothes and replenishes.
· I found this to be an easy to apply cream and a little goes a long way. I cannot say outright that it had reduced the appearance of my lines and wrinkles. What I can say is that I certainly don’t have any new ones. I should have taken a picture of my face to do a before and after – but life is too busy for that!
Rosa Centifolia Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser (100ml R310) – I received a full size tester
(formerly known as Jojoba Microbead Purifying Facial Polish)
· An exfoliating cleanser formulated with microbeads of Jojoba that gently yet thoroughly buffs away make-up, dirt and dead skin cells to leave your skin purified, invigorated and radiant. Use 2 to 3 times a week.
· I love this product! It truly has microbeads in it which was not harsh on my skin. It has a sort of minty smell and I use it about twice a week. My skin feels clean and soft after use.
Evercalm Anti-Redness Serum (30ml R590) – I received a full size tester
(formerly known as Hydra-Calm Youth defence Serum)
· Formulated to address the concerns of ageing through sensitivity. Reduces inflammation, redness and irritation. Combats the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Apply under moisturiser in the morning and under night cream in the evening.
· I used this serum just during the day. It has definitely reduced the redness on my cheeks. Very easy to apply and it spreads very well so you don’t have to use a lot of the product. There is no discernable smell.
Vita Mineral Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil (30ml R450) – I received a full size tester
(formerly known as Omega 3 Night Repair Serum)
· A transforming oil that strengthens the skin’s vital lipid barrier and re-energizes skin cell activity. Skin is left visibly fuller and feels plumper, healthier and fitter.
· Also love this product! This was applied after cleansing. It spreads so well over my face and my skin loves it. Even though it is an oil it doesn’t make my skin greasy and I love its fresh smell.
Vita Mineral Daily Supplement Moisturising Cream (50ml R440) – I received two samples
(formerly known as Vital-Mineral Day Cream)
· A multi-active day cream that replenishes the skin with moisture and vital nutrients. Hydrates, replenishes and nourishes. Skin looks toned, glowing and healthy.
· I love the smell of this product – sweet roses. Very easy to apply and spreads so well. Once it is applied my skin feels soft and I can’t feel any residue of the product. This cream was applied over the Evercalm Anti-Redness Serum.
V-Cense Revitalising Night Cream (50ml R470) – I received two samples
(formerly known as Frankincense Revitalising Night Cream)
· Formulated to recharge, revitalise and intensively hydrate the skin overnight. This multi-action cream visibly smoothes fine lines, evens skin tone and offers antioxidant protection to help combat the signs of premature ageing.
· As with the day cream, the night cream is very easy to apply and spreads well. It is applied over the Vita-Mineral Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil.
So in conclusion – I have really enjoyed using this skincare (not finished yet) and my skin has really enjoyed it as well. Speak to REN about your skin concerns, they are very helpful.
If you would like further information on REN you can follow them here :
If you are interested in other reviews of their products go and take a look at The Glam Green Girl
REN Skincare is very excited about their new product launching on the 1 September in Woolworths - REN Flash Rinse with water activated vitamin C.
· Voted 2014’s Best Skincare Innovation – ELLE Magazine UK
· A quick beauty fixer to rejuvenate the skin
· In a flash the water activated Vitamin C neutralizes urban grey skin leaving it looking firm, toned and smoothed.
· Skin instantly glows with renewed health and radiance
From lacklustre to luminous in 60 seconds. The new REN flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial will transform your skin from dull and fatigued to radiant and smooth in 60 seconds flat. Doesn’t that sound exciting!! The REN Flash Rinse will retail at R470.