Wednesday, 30 April 2014

#DBNbloggermeet Goodie Bag (1)


This is the third post in my #DBNbloggermeet series and today I am going to tell you a bit about some of the items we received in our goodie bags – well 7 of the items.

Elephantshoe

Elephantshoe very kindly gave all the ladies a fabulous daily planner which was so beautifully wrapped.  It was so hard unwrapping it but I needed to see what was inside.  I cannot remember when I first came across Elephantshoe, it was either on Facebook or Twitter.  As am a confirmed stationery addict this was a company I was definitely going to like and follow.  Their website is filled with such beautiful items such as washi tape, envelopes, bitty bags, paper cups, tote bags etc.  They also make items to order such as stamps, event cards and monograms.  One of their very special items is their monthly subscription I Love You Box.  You are able to take out 1, 3 or 6 month subscription to this box,  which is filled with practical and pretty items.  I have just paid for the May box (my birthday gift to myself) and I cannot wait to receive it!!  The daily planner was an item in their January I Love You Box.   @elephantshoe_  www.facebook.com/ElephantshoeStationeryStudio


 
Lou Harvey

We received a pretty keyring purse and a sample pack of their new Origin Bespoke Stationery.  I already know Lou Harvey well, as Laura and I visit their Hillcrest factory shop often to ooh and aah over their gorgeous stuff.  Laura has her own keyring purse (so I get this one!), pencil case and lunch bag.  Inside the pretty little gift bag is bunting, cupcake flags and cupcake sleeves.  Drool online at www.louharvey.co.za     www.facebook.com/louharveybags     www.facebook.com/originstationery @LouHarveyBags or find your closest Lou Harvey store.

 

 
Second Treasures Eco-Chic Decor & Furniture

The very talented Christi Smith owns Second Treasures where she makes over old, tired and boring furniture into new and exciting pieces that you want to display in your home.  You can even take her your own furniture to re-do.  Christi also makes the most beautiful signs out of wood offcuts.  I still need to find the perfect place to put my “Love” sign.  You must visit her at 1 Bona Terra Road in Assagay Hillcrest.  Her shop is filled with amazing furniture and other decor items.  She also puts up before and after photos of furniture on her Facebook page.    www.facebook.com/secondtreasureseco-chicdecor&furniture

 
 
Swee and Moo

Swee and Moo are on a mission “to delight the world with original, quirky, lovely, locally-sourced, hand-drawn and hand made greeting cards.” Chantelle and Richard Armstrong are the talented duo behind Swee and Moo.   I knew about Swee and Moo as my son Caleb is friends with Chantelle’s brother.  They sell at various markets and I first saw their cards at I Heart Market.  I bought their  “I Still Want to Grow Old With You” card as a birthday card for my hubby last year.  So looking forward to giving my Mother this beautiful card for Mother’s Day.


 

The Thrift Collection

This is Laura’s favourite place to buy clothes from.  Every Monday evening at 8:30pm we both excitedly wait for the pictures of the latest clothes to be uploaded.  You need to be the first person to comment in order to get the item and this is because they are second hand clothes and there is only one of that particular item.  Laura has chosen so many wonderful tops and shorts for herself and I have even found items for me.  Thrift also sell at markets and I first saw them at the I Heart Market.


 



YW Couture

YW Couture is a Durban based fashion designer whose “ethos is to produce luxurious clothing and accessories handmade entirely Africa from locally sourced materials.”  I received this wonderful denim bag made out of different colours of denim.  All the ladies received a unique bag with no two being alike.  www.ywcouture.com    www.facebook.com/YWCouture   

 
 
Washi Bug

I llloooovvveeee washi tape and it is so versatile in that you can use it in decor, wrap gifts and in crafts.  My daughter chose a roll of washi tape last year (from Washi Bug) that we used to cover her light switch cover and along her cupboard shelves.  I was thrilled when Washi Bug said they would sponsor tape for the meet, and hubby took me early on the Saturday morning to the Shongweni Farmers Market to fetch the parcel.  I was so tempted to choose the tape I wanted but decided to just put into the goodie bags and see what I ended up with later, which turned out to be a lovely red with white daisy like flowers.    www.facebook.com/WashiBug    www.papertree.co.za/shop    @papertreets

 

We certainly were extremely blessed #DBNbloggermeet ladies!!
 
*I apologise for some of the bad photos :(

No comments:

Post a Comment