Wednesday, 5 March 2014

What's Been Happening?

Weeelllll I have been busy ...... as usual.  Taking kids, fetching kids, grocery shopping, cleaning house, doing the washing, ironing and donating a large amount of money to fuel my car.

But I had the most wonderful break from the usual when I went out on Saturday to spend time with lovely ladies.  First up was a trip to the wonderful I Heart Market.  I parked at Inge's @inge_loker house and went together with her and her daughter Emma.  We parked in the underground parking at the stadium and walked through to the market.  Inge needed to withdraw some money and while I waited for her I was checking twitter to see if Nadia van der Mescht was at the market.  I look up from my cell and there she is!  So wonderful to finally meet her in person after chatting on twitter.  I love to meet people I have chatted to on twitter.  Inge, Emma and I loved our wander through the market.  I bought 2 x Rondavel soaps and 4 x delicious cupcakes.  Spoke to Sara at The Thrift Collection and Vanessa at Little Mud Hut Designs and a few other people I know.  Debated about buying a beautiful Corningware pot but decided to keep my money for our next stop.

After the I Heart Market we drove through to Umhlanga to Vovo Telo.  It was the first time we had been there so we didn't know where to go.  I'm happy to report that we found our way and a place to park.

Inge, Emma and I got a table and sat down to wait for Hazel @beautyshoutbox and Shirley @cuizinedurban .  Vovo Telo is situated at the Lighthouse Mall Chartwell Drive in Umhlanga.  I had
eaten at a Vovo Telo before when I visited my sister in Jhb and I had high hopes for this one, I wasn't disappointed.  Hazel had been before and she had a few recommendations for us to try from the menu.  By the way, it was a scorcher of a day!!!  But I was determined I was not missing out on coffee.  I started with a glass of water though.  Hazel recommended the "Four Cheese with Crispy Gypsy Ham" pizza type meal so we shared it.  Divine!!!!


No! We didn't just eat!  I promise we talked at lot!!  Next up was some sweetness.  I really wanted to try the Orange Almond cake that my sister had told me about, but unfortunately there wasn't any.  So I had the Almond Friand that Hazel recommended.  I also ordered a cappy to accompany the sweetness.


Absolutely loved the restaurant décor.




What a wonderful morning spent chatting to friends while eating great food.

On Sunday I really wanted to have a sleep in, unfortunately someone decided to walk their dogs very early and woke us up.  I sat in bed and read magazines and hubby was in the kitchen making breakfast.  I didn't know that he had taken chicken livers out the day before, so I was thrilled to discover that he was going to make his delicious saucy spicy chicken livers.  Mmmmmmmmmm.

He makes them perfectly and we have them on toast with a touch of tomato sauce on top.  He also cooked bacon and scrambled eggs as that is what my daughter wanted.



I'm happy to say that I had a quiet Sunday and only did very little ironing.  I also treated my poor feet with Skin Logic Foot Peel.  Had to leave it on for two hours so I kept myself busy looking through my craft magazines.



So that is what was happening!


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11111619/?claim=8yv5wn5vnrh">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment