Thursday, 10 October 2013

Pretty Packaging

I am sure I am not the only woman who loves when things are packaged prettily.  How many times have you bought something just because it was in a beautiful package??

Today I am going to shine a spotlight on a very talented lady who designs items so that you can package a gift prettily.

Her name is Venessa Matthews and her business is called Little Mud Hud Designs.

Little Mud Hut Designs is a Durban-based homegrown company specializing in handcrafted gifts and accessories.  They produce a range of items including peg sets (stamped and painted), tags, jar vinyls and all things gifting.
 
Venessa is an incredibly talented woman who has designed for American Crafts, ScrapBook Inspirations Magazine (UK),  PaperCraft Inspirations Magazine (UK) and You Can Craft Magazine (UK).
 
She has a table at the I Heart Market and I took these photos of her gorgeous things on Saturday.
 
New sewing room jar vinyls
 
 
Beautiful for a gift
 
 
Jar vinyls
 
Tags for teachers (end of year coming soon)
 
 

I love her colours and there are tags and stickers for all occasions.  My favourite items are the jar vinyls.  Don't you hate to send some of those pretty jars to recycling and you wonder what you could possibly use them for.  Venessa makes wonderful jar vinyls that you can use to label your jars with or to fill with something special to give to a friend. 

These are my jars :



I filled these tomato sauce bottles with Woolworths chocolate balls




South Africa has a wealth of talent and we must support our local businesses and art and craft people.

Venessa will have a Christmas range of tags and vinyls.

Please contact Venessa Matthews littlemudhutdesigns@gmail.com to make your gifts beautiful!!



 

4 comments:

  1. hey there Nicola I have nominated your blog for Liebster award read here http://spicegoddess.wordpress.com/2013/10/13/nominated-for-a-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using the stickers to make up simple Xmas gifts, I going to use that this year I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An excellent idea! Beautiful jar filled with yummy biscuits decorated with a sticker and ribbon

      Delete
  3. Love these!!! Such great ideas! x

    ReplyDelete