Thursday, 31 October 2013

Market Mania

It is incredible the amount of markets that are on this weekend and I know that there are going to be many more in the run up to Christmas.


Here are the markets that I know of for this weekend :


First up is the Deutsche Schule Durban situated at 34 Stafford Road in Cowies Hill.  They are having their annual Christmas market on Friday 1 November from 5pm - 9pm.  There will be Christmas decorations, cards, arts and crafts, books, jewellery, meat products, bread and Christmas cookies plus a lot more on sale.  There are authentic German treats on sale such as schnitzels and Christmas cakes.  Coffee and wine bar for the adults and the children can look at the many child friendly stores.  Entrance is free and visitors are very welcome. 031-2671307


Pinehaven Retirement Complex is having their fete on Saturday 2 November from 8am - 2pm at Christ Church in Pinetown 15 Meller Road.  They have needlework, various art pieces, jewellery, cakes, books, white elephant and raffles.  There will also be a tea garden and various other foods on sale.  Parking with car guards will be available on the Christ Church grounds.  Contact Ann 031-7017873.


One of my most favourite markets is of course the I Heart Market which is at the Moses Mabhida Stadium this Saturday.




Roseway Waldorf School has its monthly Natural and Organic Market on Saturday 2 November from 10am - 2pm at the school D435 Alverstone.  Veggies, food and crafts on sale and lots of craft activities for the kids. Contact Shelly 0836791203


Okay, I am still not done!


Crowhurst's annual Christmas market is on Saturday and Sunday.  I have never been to this even though I stay about 3km's away.  I know I know it is SHOCKING!  I have heard that it is a beautiful market.



Hillcrest Country Market it having their very first market this Sunday at the Hillcrest Primary School hall, corner of Emoyeni and Hospital Road in Hillcrest.  They are going to be a monthly market held on the first Sunday of the month.  They will be having extra markets for the festive season on the 8 and 22 December.  This is a market for good quality homemade goods with the charm of a country market.




Last and certainly not least :


The market with the beautiful view - The Meeting Tree. 

 
 
 
So that is my round up of markets.  I would like to pop in at the Pinehaven fete and I am definitely going to I Heart Market on Saturday.  Not sure if I will get to any other markets.
 
 
Why don't you find out what markets are on in your city or area for this weekend.  Support and buy local!!


No comments:

Post a Comment