Monday, 30 September 2013

Sunday Tribune Garden Show



Yesterday we had a wonderful family outing to the Sunday Tribune Garden Show in Pietermaritzburg.  We don't always go to the show as it is quite expensive to buy four tickets.  At R50 per ticket = R200!!  Fortunately this year I had won 2 tickets through the Sunday Tribune so we had to pay just R100.  I despair because as my kids get older I have to pay the adult price for them.  This year I had to pay the adult price for my 12 year old daughter as the R35 ticket price was only for kids up to 11.
 
Our first stop was at Café Pronto as we came through the gates.  They make really delish cappuccinos!!  So it was cappy for me and a hot chocolate for Laura.  Caleb went to dinky donuts.  Very important to have coffee when wandering around the show.

We always go into the main hall first to look at the garden displays.  It amazes me what gardeners come up with for their gardens and this year was no exception.

These are my favourites :

 

 
 

It is so relaxing walking around the show looking at the gardens, plants, stalls and people.  The kids had chip n' dip and of course Neil and I had to steal some chips from them.  Also had another cappy from the Coffeeberry Café.  We didn't buy any plants, we rarely do.  I did make notes about a screening plant that we liked and will probably get.

I did buy a gorgeous bunch of Waratah Proteas from The Ruby Orchard.  They have a shop in Howick at 4 Shafton Road.  You can also find them on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRubyOrchard They are a furniture, gift and home décor store.  Beautiful items!!!


So that was our garden show excursion.  I loved it all but the best was yet to come .......


I got Neil to take us to The Liberty Midlands Mall as I just HAD HAD HAD HAD to visit the Typo shop. EEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I first saw Typo when my sister took me to the Sandton store in March and I have been a Typo fanatic since then.  Cannot wait until a Typo opens closer to us as it will be too expensive to drive to Maritzburg to get my fix.  Bought flip clock for Laura, moustache earphones for Caleb, eye mask for Laura's friend.  For me : book, pen, stamp, Cotton On bag and cookie stamp.


My next blog post will feature Rollin Vintage who I have been following on Facebook and Twitter and who also had a stand at the show  - Stay Tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment