Saturday, 28 September 2013

South African Bloggers - We Blog For Love Launch Event


 

 Last night I was thrilled to be able to attend the South African Bloggers We Blog for Love launch event in Durban.

Inge Loker (www.snapsizzleandcook.wordpress.com) gave me a lift to the venue.

The event was held at The XEF a coffee, art and music café situated at 124 Florida Road Morningside Durban. (The pizzas were so yummy delicious!!)  The staff and owner were also so friendly and helpful.  Fantastic first event guys!!



I knew three ladies attending the event - Inge Loker, Hazel Whitehead (www.beautyshoutbox.blogspot.com) and Faeema Sader (www.thesparklinglabyrinth.wordpress.com). I was very excited to meet new people and we certainly did that!! 

We met Cath Jenkin (@cathjenkin) who I have been following on twitter for quite some time, Phillipa Rowney (www.coffeyandcake.blogspot.com), Megan Deane (www.stuffed-feeling.blogspot.com) and Lee-Anne Geldenhuys who was representing Hello Pretty (www.hellopretty.co.za).  Also met a lovely lady from I Love Durban (www.ilovedurban.co.za) - sorry I should have written down her name.  I can be so bad at remembering names.


Inge, Faeema and Hazel

 The event was organized and hosted by Sandile "Sandy" Nene who is also the founder of South African Bloggers.  Sandy told us that his first introduction into blogging was in 2011 and he started his blog in 2012.  Sandy saw a need for support for South African bloggers and a place where they could get help.  A place also where they could get tips and feel that the blogging they do is worth it. That they are worth it.

Sandile "Sandy" Nene

It was a fabulous evening filled with laughter, great food, fun and fantastic people.  I'm sorry that I did not get a chance to meet all the people there.  Maybe at another event?? 




 I look forward to more events like this and I know that South African Bloggers is going to grow from strength to strength with this vibrant man at its helm.



 After all We Blog for Love - Don't we??



3 comments:

  1. Nicely said and I also can't wait for the next event....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for an amazing post, I am excited about our next event and really wanna see you grow as a blogger!

    ReplyDelete